Utility Billing is a function of the Municipal Utilities Department. We provide billing, payment processing, collection and customer service for the following:
- Curbside Recycling
- Stormwater Management
The Municipal Utilities Department accepts applications for new service, processes customer requests to disconnect and/or transfer existing service, and collects accurate water meter readings. We strive to provide outstanding customer service in a professional and courteous manner whether it be by phone or in person.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For your convenience, a utility billing drop box is located in front of the Public Services building. The box is checked M-F at 8 a.m. and 4 p.m
For after hour emergency water breaks or sewer backups, please contact Polk County Dispatch at 515.286.3333.
Utility Service Applications
To reach us directly:
City of Ankeny Utility Billing
220 W 1st Street
Ankeny, IA 50023
Utility customers can request their utility bill be emailed instead of the statement being mailed to them. To request electronic billing, call the customer service department at 963-3565 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include your address, account number and email address.
- Pay by Mail - Payments can be mailed to City of Ankeny, 220 W. First Street, Ankeny, IA 50223.
- Pay by Check - If you pay by personal check, checks must be made out to the City of Ankeny.
- Direct Pay – If you wish to be a direct pay customer, you will need to sign an authorization form with the City of Ankeny. Form is available below!
- Pay Online - https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/ankenyia
Once you pay your bill, it's recommended to go back to the Utility Billing home page and use the Log Out option. For help paying your bill online, please consult this video tutorial:
- Bill Pay – If your bank writes a check and mails it for you, payments should be made out to City of Ankeny and mailed to 220 W. First Street, Ankeny, IA 50023. NOTE: This is not an electronic funds transfer. Please allow 5-7 days for payment to reach us.
- Credit Card Pay – The City accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards over the phone or in person, or through recurring credit card program.
- In Person – You can pay utility bills in person at the Public Services Building, 220 W 1st St., during normal business hours, Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m., to 5 p.m. or at Hy-Vee and Dahls.
DIRECT PAY is a convenient and easy automatic payment service that saves you time, effort, and postage. This modern, electronic bank transfer ensures that your water bill is paid in a timely, efficient manner. Sign up today to begin enjoying the benefits and convenience of DIRECT PAY!
DIRECT PAY Notice and Authorization Form (PDF)
Recurring Credit Card Pay
RECURRING CREDIT CARD payment is a convenient and easy automatic charge to your credit card that saves you time, effort, and postage. This modern, electronic transaction ensures that your water bill is paid in a timely, efficient manner.
Simply type in the blank fields on the form, Print, Sign and return following the instructions on the form.
CREDIT CARD Form (PDF)